Led by Venerable Guo Yuan, Abbot of Dharma Drum Retreat Center
- Next One: yet to be announced on Sunday, TBD
- 4 pm ET / 1 pm PT
Coming Home to the Buddha - Online Refuge Ceremony
"If you wish to be formally recognized as a Buddhist, you are encouraged to first learn and try to understand the teachings. If they truly resonate with you, then the next step is to become a Buddhist and begin the path of cultivation. Participating in the ceremony of taking refuge in the Three Jewels is the first, important step for anyone who wants to become a Buddhist. "
- Master Sheng Yen
Venerable Guo Yuan, Abbot of Dharma Drum Retreat Center, will once again administer Taking Refuge in the Three Jewels on this auspicious day, right after our regular Sunday Meditation Group Session (around 4pm ET / 1pm PT). Interested participants please see below for instructions and online application.
Instructions (subject to change):
- Please kindly fill out the online application form.
- You will need to attend via Zoom on that day for the Venerable to see you, best from the start of the meditation group session to get settled, if you can.
- Here is the registration for Zoom link (once registered, it's the same Zoom link every Sunday).
- Ceremony starts at 4:00 PM (or a bit prior) East Coast/New York USA Time, on aforementioned date (please join at least 15 minutes early)
Click the ebook cover and download the booklet for free to read about the meaning of taking refuge.
Watch the video of Master Sheng Yen explaining the ritual of taking refuge in the Three Jewels.